Running my First Half Marathon

12:45:00 PM

This morning I woke up at 5:30AM to begin prepping for my first ever half marathon. Yes, that is right, I ran 13.1 miles. I was a bit nervous at first, but remembering that I had trained hard and seeing some friends wish me luck really calmed my nerves. Here is a look at the course map:


I finished the race in 2 hours and 44 minutes, about 30 minutes over my goal, but considering I ran 10 of the miles with a bum knee, I am still proud of myself. When my knee started hurting, I just kept running through the pain, but as I reached about mile 6, the pain began to become unbearable. I had to stop several times to stretch it out and walk for a bit, but I told myself, you can't give up, you're almost there. Don't quit! So I kept going. As I came in to the finish line, I was greeted by my parents, sister and Morgan. It was nice to see some friendly, familiar faces.

So, although I really hurt my knee, I am still proud to say that I never gave up and that I made it through the finish line! Get ready for next year though, when I am not hurt, I know I can finish in about 2 hours :)

Any avid runners out there? Any suggestions on building strength back in your knees?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me something sweet!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images