My Homemade Italian Inspired Invitations

8:42:00 AM

Designing a wedding invitation can be a grueling process, that is why so many of us use sites such as Wedding Paper Divas, The American Wedding, and Etsy to find that perfect invitation we've dreamed up in our heads, but could never put together ourselves. Others use pre-made packages from craft stores such as Michael's to bring their invitations to life. There really are thousands of options available, how do you narrow it down to just one without paying some serious cash?

With all of that in mind, I researched for days, probably months looking through all of the online sites and stores for the perfect wedding invitations for our wedding, and it wasn't that I didn't find anything beautiful, I just wasn't really thrilled with paying over $500 for an invitation that would just be thrown away in the end. So I browsed the scrapbook paper of Micheal's and came up with a perfect design for the theme of our wedding. From there I played around with wording, and then on to all of the other inserts that get put in with the invitation; RSVP cards, Accommodation cards, Directions, but my all time favorite part of our invitations is the parking map I created from a map of the museum.

Yes, I could have saved countless hours of work by just handing over the reigns to someone else, but let me tell you, I saved hundreds of dollars by doing them myself, and that is so worth it to me.


The crest at the top of the invitation is Morgan's family crest. J





Specialty paper (Michael's Craft Store): 
  • Rome ($0.49 each - made 2 invitations) x 60 sheets = $29.40
  • Gold Sheer ($0.59 each - made 2 invitations) x 60 sheets = $35.40
  • Ivory Card Stock ($3.99 for a pack of 50 - for all inserts) x 6 packs = $23.94
Grand total for 120 invitations (without envelopes or postage) = $88.74

I've already bought the envelopes for the RSVP cards from Office Depot for $8.99 for a pack of 100, now just looking for the correct size to fit everything. I did go and weigh it all and I will only have to pay normal postage of $0.44 a piece (times 2 with the RSVP postage), so that makes me very happy! J

I'm guessing the final total after postage and everything will be approximately $250.00, which is not much considering $105.60 is pure postage cost.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me something sweet!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images