Baby Fever

2:15:00 PM

The Mister and I had a pretty deep and important converstation this morning, after an early morning run, about starting a family. Our good friend, Rachel, just had her baby girl 2 weeks ago and after visiting her on Sunday I was finding myself catching a serious case of baby fever. I mean just look for yourself...



Picture taken by Karl Young
Doesn't get much cuter than that does it??

But after a longgg discussion we both decided that it would be best for us to wait, at least for a little while longer before we start having kids. He brought up a great point that we need to get a little more financially stable. With just buying our house and everything, things have been a little hectic. And we also need to take some more time to just be the two of us. He said, "I do want to have kids, but I just want to be selfish for a little bit and have you all to myself". Point taken.
After our talk, I decided to make a list of the things that I want to do before I get pregnant, things that I might not be able to do after we have kids. It's not a very long list, but I guess there are a few more things that I want to check off before we add a little Ellis to the clan:

Things to do before kids:
  1. Go on a cruise with my husband
  2. Go skydiving
  3. Fly First Class
  4. Go to Vegas
  5. Take a road trip
That's about it, and I've already been skydiving. The reason I find my list being so small is that, to me, I don't find myself wishing to do too many things that I couldn't do once we have kids. Granted nothing will be the same once we have them, but I just know it will be amazing.

So how am I treating my baby fever? With lots of romantic nights at home with my husband, plus a couple of vacations and maybe a crazy night or two in Vegas. Sounds pretty good to me!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I think I am starting to get baby fever and I am not even married yet...
    I think it is very important to get some of your life goals/wishes out of the way...because for 18 years you will have to unselfish...haha

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something sweet!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images